Chanukah Advertising in Israel
Advertisers often connect advertisements to holidays. In Israel advertisements are sometimes based on the Jewish calendar. In small groups you will look at four Israeli advertisements that are based on holidays or special days on the Jewish calendar. After analyzing the advertisements from the NLI collections, design your own Chanukah-themed advertisement for a product of your choice.
Primary sources in this lessonSee all
In groups, analyze the four advertisements by the asking the following questions:
- What is being advertised?
- What holiday is mentioned in the advertisement?
- What is the connection to the holiday?
- Why do you think the advertiser used the holiday as its theme?
- Do you think the advertisement is effective? Why?
Discuss the concept of using holidays in advertising