Life of Yitzhak Rabin - Analyzing a Poster
This is a poster depicting the life of Yitzhak Rabin through a variety of photographs taken over the course of his life. The poster, printed after Rabin’s assassination, comprises 15 photographs, each depicting an aspect or event in his life. Below each photograph is a caption with a brief description.
Now that you have learned more about Rabin:
- What do you think were his most important achievements? Why?
- Who do you consider to have been the greatest leaders of the State of Israel?
- What are you criteria?
- Which leaders of your country fit those criteria?
- Does your community commemorate Yitzhak Rabin Memorial Day? In what way?
The poster depicts Yitzhak Rabin's life and achievements.
- Who was Yitzhak Rabin?
- What roles did he hold?
- What were some of his greatest accomplishments, as depicted in the poster?
- How many years are represented on the poster?
- From when until when?
- How would you categorize the topics of the photographs?
- What aspects of Rabin's life are represented?
- In the title of the poster, next to his name, are the letters ז"ל – Z'l. What do the letters stand for? When are they used?
- How did Rabin die?
- Why do you think that the Ministry of Education published the poster?
- What was its goal?
Choose a different Israeli prime minister or Zionist leader and create a poster similar to the Rabin poster. Include photographs that represent all aspect of the leader's life.
- Write captions below the photographs. You could use canva.com to create your poster.
Create a timeline of Yitzhak Rabin's life using the photographs on the poster.