The Importance of Taking Care of Our Trees
In this unit we will discuss the importance of trees, the need to take care of the environment and learn about the festival of Tu B’Shvat. Activities include analyzing a poster, assembling a jigsaw puzzle, going on a nature walk, and designing a poster.
- What trees are pictured in the poster/stamp?
- What is the poster’s message?
- What Jewish holiday is called the “Birthday of the Trees”?
- How do you celebrate Tu B’Shvat?
- How can people living outside of Israel help the Israeli environment? (e.g., planting trees, contributing to JNF, etc.)
- What can we do to protect the environment?
Design a poster/stamp encouraging people to protect the environment.
- What message do you want to convey?
- Which texts will you use?
- Which images will you use?