The Importance of Taking Care of Our Trees
In this unit we will discuss the importance of trees, the need to take care of the environment and learn about the festival of Tu B’Shvat. Activities include analyzing a poster, assembling a jigsaw puzzle, going on a nature walk, and designing a poster.
In this unit we will discuss the importance of trees, the need to take care of the environment and learn about the festival of Tu B’Shvat.
Put together the puzzle(s):
Use this worksheet to analyze the poster.
- What trees are pictured in the poster/stamp?
- What is the poster’s message?
- What Jewish holiday is called the “Birthday of the Trees”?
- How do you celebrate Tu B’Shvat?
- How can people living outside of Israel help the Israeli environment? (e.g., planting trees, contributing to JNF, etc.)
- What can we do to protect the environment?
Design a poster/stamp encouraging people to protect the environment.
- What message do you want to convey?
- Which texts will you use?
- Which images will you use?
Primary sources in this lesson
Primary source in this Game
You may be interested
Israeli Athlete Ester Roth-Shahamorov
Who inspired hundreds of young athletes and continues to be a role model to those who wish to combine a career with motherhood?
Jerusalem as a Microcosm of Israeli Society
This webinar discusses how learning personal stories can help contextualize and forge connections to grand historical events.